Online therapy

Online therapy

My online service gives you access at a time to suit you without having to travel or get dressed up.

Below are some of the benefits of using this medium (skype, zoom, telephone), as opposed to a face to face service and how it may suit your needs.

Some people choose a combination of face to face and online therapy. At times I travel to different locations to facilitate meeting clients.

  • Anonymity: Some people feel more relaxed and are able to be more open in a “Virtual Room” than in   face to face counselling, which can be confronting for some, at least until we get to know each other.
  • Convenience: There may be greater flexibility and options in appointments. This means that you may be able to focus more fully on the counselling process due to it being at a time and place that suits you.
  • Time efficiency: No need to take time off work or travel anywhere.
  • Accessibility: Offers increased access to services from rural and remote locations or to people who are unable to leave their homes or travel to an office. Also very convenient for people who travel extensively, such as fly in fly out workers as it can be accessed from anywhere you happen to be.
  • Cost-effectiveness: Travel costs, child-care costs, and taking time off from work can generally be avoided.
  • Easy to try: If you have never been to counselling before, feel ambivalent about it, or are uncomfortable with the idea of traditional models of counselling, take a session with me to see what it might be like, without actually having to meet in person.

I recognise there are many people in similar situations to my clients who would greatly benefit from professional guidance, but they face obstacles in getting the help they need. Some feel that the current counselling solutions are too time-consuming, inconvenient, and inaccessible. Many people are also concerned by the lack of privacy and the stigma around it.

This made me think: We use the Internet to shop better, learn better, and work better; isn’t it time we start using the Internet to live better? By leveraging new technologies to adapt to your lifestyle we can arrange professional support using your computer, tablet or mobile phone – at a time and place that suits.

My focus is on being the “go to” person for my clients when they are in need, and I can help them more efficiently via online services. I offer a unique service because I help with mind integration- powerful techniques to re-program your subconscious mind. Often those programs are protecting you with behaviours that mean you self-sabotage, and end up with your life in a mess. Your subconscious mind does what it thinks you want it to do, but it began learning those programs when you were a child, so much of those patterns of behaviour are unhelpful, if not destructive to you now. The clincher is that the subconscious mind is 90% and that leaves only 10% of your mind to consciously organise the rest… and that doesn’t work so well!

  • Develop strategies to reduce daily stress levels
  • Use techniques that really work to get you back in control of your life
  • Find strategies to develop your work life balance
  • Build skills for working through emotional issues and self sabotage
  • Use strategies to develop acceptance of the things that you can’t change and to work out how to change the things that you can
  • Experience self improvement with emotional release in a safe and private environment
  • Learn to accept self acknowledgement and realise you are good enough
  • Develop competence and feel in control of your own life
  • Learn to tap into existing skills and resources that have been used in the past to solve problems, and become self-empowered
  • Explore relationship issues and develop communication skills
  • Release emotions that can make it difficult to lose weight
  • Overcome addictions and the need to use patterns of behaviours to cope

When asked who I like to work with and who makes a good fit for my style of counselling, I often reply this way: Are you worn out? Are you losing hope? Do you need someone in your corner? If so, you are probably feeling exhausted and overwhelmed, maybe even despairing. I teach amazing simple techniques to those who are seeking relief from these distressing emotions, and from sleepless nights, endless worry, isolation, and mood swings. Call me and ask how I can help.

Truly caring for your success,

Cathy

© 2021 - mindlinkhypnotherapy. All rights reserved
Design & Developed by v3designs.com.au